ONTBC is your premium source for natural testosterone guidance. We have been in business for over 40 years. We employ the assistance of several noted professionals in the industry. Our client base is located in the state of Ohio which consists of a record number number of men requiring treatment.
Our team consists of 43 talented individuals. Our specialization varies across the board which is the reason for our success to this day. Having experts in every area of the industry is what allows us to help our diverse client base.
We understand that having a deficiency in testosterone can be frustrating. It might be hard for others to understand because it’s something discreet. Our consultancy was established to help the populace of Ohio afflicted with such conditions.
How common is low testosterone?
Step one to coming to accept the situation is to understand it is normal. As described by ABC news, one in four men reaching a certain age can actually suffer from low testosterone.
- The primary and most natural cause of low Testosterone is said to be aging. Men after the age of thirty naturally find a decline in their level of testosterone. That is not to say men before the age of 30 cannot have low levels of testosterone, it varies depending on the person. On average men start to lose 1-2% of their testosterone per year. This decline stabilizes at the age of 50. A full breakdown of how testosterone is affected as you age can be found here.
- Hypogonadism is a very common cause for lower testosterone levels among men. This condition arises in men with less than 300 nanograms of testosterone per deciliter according to the National Center for Biotechnology Information. A recent study conducted by them shows that 38.7% of reporting men had hypogonadism. In correlation to the reporting of ABC news that is 1 in 4 men reporting low testosterone.
There are two types of hypogonadism, primary and secondary. The cause is primarily related to the testes not being able to produce an adequate level of testosterone for your body. There are signals sent from your brain to the testes issuing the need to produce the required hormones but there is a failure of the testes to be able to produce said hormones.
Secondary hypogonadism is the reverse of primary. The reason for the reduced testosterone stems from the hypothalamus and pituitary gland in your brain. No signals are sent to the testes to produce the required hormones even if the testes is fully capable of doing so.
- Obesity is also found to be one of the leading causes of low testosterone. Centres for Disease Control and Prevention describes Obesity as having a body max index of 30 or greater. A study done by them denotes that 65% of Americans suffer from obesity. Larger waist lines have been routinely correlated with a decrease in the level of testosterone for men. But on the inverse of the matter, a decrease in BMI and the waistline has been correlated with increase in the level of testosterone.
- Type 2 diabetes is another cause of low testosterone, as men afflicted with are twice as likely to have lower levels of testosterone. This is due to the deprivation of Androgen caused by type 2 diabetes mellitus. Androgen is considered to be the collective group of male hormones that exemplify male characteristics. Therefore the deficiency of Androgen caused by type 2 diabetes plays a first hand role in lowering the overall testosterone available in the body.
In our experience, we’ve found the following to be usual causes:
Symptoms of low testosterone
There can be various symptoms to for lower levels of testosterone and it can vary from person to person and the severity. The primary emphasis is on physiological characteristics as studies have shown.Various sources across the board may yield different results, but we’ve extracted a conclusive list.
- The most common and noticeable symptom of low levels of testosterone is a loss in sex drive. Testosterone is the prevalent male hormone in our bodes, making this correlation inevitable. This is related to lower levels of Androgen in the male body, which is a vital to men’s libido.
- Related to low levels of sex drive is Erectile Dysfunction. This refer’s to a man’s inability to achieve an erection for a necessary period of time to reach sexual satisfaction. This builds upon the lower libido cause by lower levels of testosterone in the body.
- Being unable to gain muscle mass is one of the biggest symptoms of low testosterone. Testosterone is directly correlated with your ability to build muscle and to burn fat. Think of your body as an oven. Even if you put in the highest grade of ingredients and use the best cooking technique possible, it won’t matter. If the oven is unreliable and overcooks your food, it will still be subpar.
- Related to the previous symptom is weight gain. Over the years, metabolic health. The cycle also feeds upon itself as earlier discussed obesity contributes to low testosterone. As a result of which, makes it harder for your body to lose weight.
- Signs of lower levels of energy and higher fatigue can be directly correlated to lower levels of testosterone. As me sleep, their body works to make the optimal amount of testosterone for the day. With less sleep there is less testosterone in the body resulting in fatigue. Lower levels Thyriod is often time responsible for lower levels of testosterone and vice versa. As a deficiency in Thyroid is linked to loss of energy, low testosterone is often times a factor to take into consideration.
- Injections for testosterone, the frequency should vary by weeks.
- Patches or Gels that contain a form of testosterone
- Buccal system, a patch applied where the upper meets the inside of your lip. Note that this patch has to be changed every 12 hours.
- If the medical professional is familiarized with pellets, you can be assured that he has been treating low testosterone for a while. They are either inserted into the anus or skin and release testosterone passively for up to 3 to 4 months.
- Firstly, take a look at the product’s website to see if the ingredients are listed. If the ingredients are not listed, it should not even be an option since you cannot be sure of what is actually in the supplement.
- Make sure the supplement has minimal artificial ingredients. A good rule of thumb is to allow for one artificial ingredient for every five natural ingredients.
- Researching dosage is very vital when picking your supplement of choice. Often times supplements will have all the right ingredients but the dosage will be very low for the natural ingredients but high for the artificial ingredients. If you do not see the dosage available on the website, consider not investing in the supplement.
- The final thing to consider is customer reviews. Be wary of sites that inflate their reviews and read through the reviews to make sure they are legitimate. Having a good customer review base will help support the legitimacy of the supplement, but always do your own research and make sure to adhere by the rules above.
Testing if you have low testosterone
In order to have the most accurate results for testing low levels of testosterone is to visit your doctor. Your primary care doctor will be able to diagnose whether or not you have low levels of testosterone. These tests are generally conducted through a blood test. Most insurances will cover this testing. Although this is the best plan of action there are a few things you should do to be ready for the situation.
Firstly suggest calling the doctor’s office that you want the testing to be done before hand and asking why type of methodology they employ. Depending on the methodology you can determine how familiar the doctor is with treating low levels of testosterone. Here are some methods the doctor should know to measure eligibility:
When you do find a knowledgable professional, you must also make a compelling case for him to treat you. This is because testosterone treatment (also referred to as testosterone therapy) generally has a bad connotation to it. There are generally risks associated with the treatment that the doctor might not want to incur. They may try to find any way to dismiss your results as not warranting treatment. This is why it is very important to make a compelling case for yourself, a great way to do so is to exemplify any of the aforementioned symptoms.
An alternative to this however is ‘do it at home’ testing kits. All testing kits utilize salvia samples instead of blood samples. Products will vary on methodologies and the amount of sample required. After collecting the samples as specified by the product, you will mail the sample to the specified lab for testing. Getting the sample back could be a range from a few days to a few week. The accuracy of testing blood vs saliva is still under debate.
Treatment available for low testosterone
The most common treatment available is testosterone replacement therapy. This is the method of increasing the level of testosterone in your body by injecting artificial testosterone. We here at ONTBC do not recommend this as there are many risks associated with it. To take into account the biggest factor is that it stunts your body’s natural ability to produce testosterone.
Take for example a lion at the zoo. When domesticated, it will be accustomed to having food readily without effort. If the lion is then taken from the zoo and put into the wild it will not be able to naturally hunt for food, because it is not accustomed to the hunt. Same is the case for testosterone replacement therapy, foreign hormones are injected into your body. Your body is accustomed to having testosterone readily available to it and will exert no effort into producing it’s own testosterone. The upshot of this being that once you are on therapy, you are on it for life. There will be no going back or you will severe withdrawals and painful symptoms.
We first and foremost promote natural ways of boosting testosterone. If that is not a possibility, we recommend natural testosterone boosters. The advantage to them is that they promote your body’s ability to produce testosterone, not provide it. The increase in testosterone will not be artificial as it is being produced by your body, thus not creating the reliant situation as seen with therapy.
There are a multitude of generic testosterone boosters on the market, which is very dangerous. These could have severe effects on your body if not produced with care. If not chosen carefully you could end up wasting a lot of your time and money, while experiencing painful side effects. Here are some factors to take note of when researching:
We also have our own list of natural supplements we think are amazing, which have also been tested and tried by our clients. For us results and safety is valued above all else, we make sure to do our research and recommend nothing that we have not personally tried before.
We here at ONTBC act as consultants to the general populace of Ohio and help people find solutions to their testosterone needs. Often times people conflate testosterone with just your sex drive and libido, but honestly a deficiency is so much more than that.
We’ve often had clients who saw tremendous results with their their jobs, business, family life and love life. Testosterone doesn’t just affect your libido; it affects your drive, mood and energy. And honestly these results and knowing that you are helping real people out there with real problems is what keeps us going.
If you have any questions or want to reach out to us, our contact page is available here.